Clash Royale had to compete against a tough competition, but managed to climb the throne.
Apples has named Supecell’s Clash Royale as its iPhone Game of the Year. The Clash of Clans spinn-off prevailed against titles like INKS, and FIFA Mobile Football. The industry giant has also declared Nerial’s Reigns as the best Runner-Up.
The complete list of Apple’s ten best games of the year reads as follows:
- Clash Royale (Supercell)
- Reigns (Nerial)
- Inks (State of Play Games)
- FIFA Mobile Football (Electronic Arts)
- Klocki (Rainbow Train)
- Rodeo Stampede: Sky Zoo Safari (Yodo1)
- PKTBALL (Laser Dog Games)
- Snakebird (Noumenon Games)
- Twofold Inc. (Grapefrukt Games)
- The Trail (22Cans)
Niantic’s record breaker Pokémon Go was honored with the Breakout Hit award. The augmented reality game managed to rank third among the most popular free to download apps, behind Snapchat and Messenger but ahead of Instagram and Facebook. It’s also on the company’s annual Top Grossing list, alongside Clash of Clans, Candy Crush Saga, Game of War, Marvel Contest of Champions, Clash Royale and others.
Latest posts by Nicholas Meyer (see all)
- Joyme Capital and Kee Ever Bright launch $360 million fund - 24. March 2017
- Education Specialist joins Take-Two’s Board of Directors - 24. March 2017
- Disconnecting Switch controller is no design issue says Nintendo - 24. March 2017