9. January 2017Blog Keys to Cracking the Russian Video Games Market
Russia is one of the fastest growing gaming markets in the world. The rapid growth of Internet across the world’s largest country has turned Russia into a $1.4 billion gaming market with tons of growth still to enjoy.
So now is the time to establish your name in the country while it stillread more...
Enlighten VR Development Diary – Prototyping
19. October 2016Art Enlighten VR Development Diary – PrototypingThis VR Development Diary was originally published on the Geomerics blog.
By Alex Mercer, Marketing Specialist, ARM.
Welcome to the first Enlighten VR development diary!
Our diary entries will take a look at the behind-the-scenes of our demo development process, describing what goes iread more...
Why Video Game Scores are Useless
8. August 2016Blog Why Video Game Scores are Useless
Explaining why the subjective elements of game design don't adhere to a numerical rating system
There are 3 big debates that always seem to come up with video games: Console vs. PC, are games art, and 7-9 review scores.read more...
What’s Killing Video Game Horror
4. August 2016Blog What’s Killing Video Game Horror
Discussing the state of modern horror games and how they are failing to include the player in on the experience.
Recently on the Perceptive Podcast, we had an excellent discussion on the horror genre.read more...
Debating Difficulty Settings in Game Design
21. June 2016Blog Debating Difficulty Settings in Game Design
Difficulty settings have been a popular debate about their actual use in game design, and today's post looks at it from both sides.
The use of difficulty settings in game design has always been argued at different points.read more...
Troubleshooting Physically-Based Content
11. April 2016Blog Troubleshooting Physically-Based Content
PBR allows artists to remove the guesswork around authoring surface attributes and set up a material once then reuse it throughout the game development process. This blog explores common PBR troubleshooting issues to achieve better lighting.read more...